IBS Home Remedies and Natural Remedies
What better way to treat yourself than with IBS home remedies and natural remedies! Fortunately, IBS seems to respond best to these treatments that may seem old fashioned or 'folksy'.
Maybe it's just our body's way of telling us to take notice, take it easy, and take care of ourselves. Good advice!
So many medications on the market have side effects that can be quite unpleasant. IBS home remedies and natural remedies are those that can be done at home on your own, or they can be a food or supplement that are made naturally from plants. They have much less or none of the side effects that conventional medications offer.
I remember when I was caring for my mother with cancer. Every morning and evening I had to help her take six or seven different medications! None of them were even related to her cancer. And all of these medications were in addition to her weekly chemotherapy treatments. Her home care nurse told me that my mother was actually not taking nearly as many medications as most of her patients! After that, I vowed to try extra hard to take care of myself so I hopefully would never have to take so many medications. I told myself I would always try to find a natural way to care for my ailments. Since IBS is not life threatening (even though, I know, some days you feel like you are going to die!), it CAN be treated naturally without medication.
The Side Benefits
The best thing about IBS home remedies and natural remedies, is that they usually benefit our health in so many other ways besides the reason we had originally intended. For instance, did you know that a diet containing soluble fiber, will also be beneficial at lowering your risk of high cholesterol, diabetes, and heart disease? It can even help with weight loss by helping you feel full longer. It can certainly be beneficial to at least give these IBS home remedies and natural remedies a try.
The Doctors Have It Right...Well, sort of...
The three main methods of treatment that a gastroenterology doctor will probably recommend, will actually be types of IBS home remedies, that need some elaboration. They will be good pieces of advice you will get from your doctor, but they are not the only answer to IBS relief. Through no real fault of their own, the medical community can be at a loss for how to effectively treat IBS, but they do seem to be on the right track with their recommendations.
Click on each of these to find out the real story on the proper way to treat IBS.
IBS and Diet
– See why doctor recommended diet restrictions can be very difficult to follow and are not completely necessary. There are easier ways to modify your diet for IBS treatment.
– The doctors, nutritionists, health related television shows, commercials, EVERYONE, tells us we need more fiber. How much more bran can we possible stand? What you need for IBS is the right TYPE of fiber.
- When you are suffering from IBS, the last thing you may feel like doing is high intensity exercise. Learn about the best types of exercise to help relieve your IBS symptoms.
The Best Way to Treat IBS...Naturally
There are many other items I have found to be excellent at relieving my IBS symptoms that you probably have not heard from your doctor. Click on each of these to learn more.
- An important mineral for so many functions of the body, including stress relief and calming your IBS symptoms.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Yes, it's sounds strange, but it's a simple natural remedy that has worked for years for a variety of ailments!
- Digestion is a complex process that takes a great deal of energy on the part of your body. There are various reasons why those of us with IBS must make digestive enzymes a priority in our treatment.
- Okay, we'll call them 'dried plums' if it makes you feel better. Whatever you call them, they work if you are having a lot of trouble with constipation.
Aloe Mucilaginous Polysaccharide
- It sounds like a long, processed, chemical based product, but it is an all natural supplement that comes from the aloe plant.
- It's sweet and distinctive flavor can help calm your gas, bloating and indigestion.
– Warm and soothing to your abdominal pain, gas and bloating, this natural remedy is also a special treat for yourself.
- Balancing the environment in your gut will help reduce your IBS symptoms.
These are remedies that I have followed every day with great results. All of these recommendations will not only help alleviate your IBS symptoms, but also help improve your overall health. I would much rather use these remedies than take a medication every day that may or may not help and may cause harmful and unpleasant side effects.
Return to IBSSOS home from IBS Home Remedies and Natural Remedies