There are Ways to Treat IBS - Naturally!
If you suffer from IBS, this is the right place for you to:
Find helpful advice on getting relief from your symptoms
Find the right doctor to help you on your journey
Avoid medications as much as possible
Use natural and home remedies to alleviate your symptoms
Understand why and how you have this condition
Know you are not alone!
Let me share what I have learned to help you on your journey with IBS.
I have had a sensitive stomach my whole 40+ years of life. Recently, I experienced a very stressful year of trying to come to terms with my son and his special needs, along with taking care of my mother who was dying of cancer. I believe that is what sent me into a full blown
case of IBS. My gut was hurting EVERY DAY, and by evening, I would sometimes be so bloated, I looked and felt like I had gained 10 pounds in one day!
Probably the most frustrating thing about IBS is that the medical community doesn't really know what to do with you when you have pain, gas, abdominal bloating, sometimes constipation; sometimes diarrhea, (or both), and just plain exhaustion. And most doctors are not trained in natural remedies and treatments, so you may be left in the dark about how to get relief.
It's not cancer, but now what?
I wanted to make sure I did not have cancer, so I had the great pleasure (joking) of enduring three ultrasounds, a CT scan, and, oh what fun, an endoscopy and colonoscopy. When nothing was discovered, I breathed a sign of relief, and I then asked myself, “Now what?” I tried probiotics, lots of fiber and restrictive diets. Again, none of these were effective and all those diet restrictions became very difficult to follow.
There are medications that treat the problem, but only moderately. For me, the medication I tried caused worse side effects (headache, dizziness, spacey feeling, sleepiness) than the disorder itself. And I am the kind of person who really doesn't want to be on a medication if I do not have to be.
There are also plenty of over the counter products, but they will only slightly relieve your symptoms. The natural remedies that I will discuss will actually treat your disorder, not just the symptoms.
Finally, Some Answers
My mother passed on after 10 months of me caring for her. I was full of grief, and my symptoms were more severe than ever. I didn't feel like doing much, so I stayed in a lot. This gave me the time I needed to do more research and learn how I could possibly get some relief. Through my searching, I have found home remedies and natural remedies to use EVERY DAY to effectively treat IBS the natural way.
- What is IBS? and What it is NOT!
- IBS is real and it is not all in your head
- IBS Symptoms
- IBS Symptoms are Painful and Real
- Diagnosing IBS
- Diagnosing IBS is a Process of Elimination!
- IBS Treatment Options
- IBS treatment can be difficult. But it can be done!
- IBS Home Remedies and Natural Remedies
- IBS Home Remedies and IBS Natural Remedies. Yes, you can treat it naturally!
- What Causes IBS?
- What Causes IBS? It is not all in your head!
- Who Gets IBS?
- Who Gets IBS? You Are Not Alone!
- IBS and Diet
- IBS and Diet...change the WAY you eat, not what you eat!
- IBS Pain
- IBS pain...It's not all in your head!
- Diet for IBS
- See which diet for IBS is right for you
- A Good Doctor for IBS Treatment CAN be Found!
- Finding a Good Doctor for IBS Treatment
- Acupuncture for IBS
- My experience with acupuncture for IBS
- Travel with IBS
- Travel with IBS... can be done!
- Your IBS Stories
- You Are Not Alone! Share Your IBS Stories Here
- Contact IBS SOS
- Contact information for IBSSOS
- Magnesium for IBS
- Magnesium can do wonders to help your IBS symptoms
- Contribute to Ibs
- Would you like to share your knowledge about ibs? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.